Christmas Morning Gingerbread Pancakes with Haskap Berry Sauce
1/2 cup organic buckwheat flour
1/2 cup organic whole grain flour of choice
1 tablespoons maple syrup
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch salt, (optional)
1 cup apple juice (or more if thinner batter preferred)
1 large egg (or egg substitute)
1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix dry ingredients; set aside.
2. In medium bowl, whisk the egg and mix in the wet ingredients.
3. Pour wet mixture over dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Batter will be fairly thick and some lumps will be present; don’t try to stir them smooth.
4. Pre-heat a skillet over medium heat and melt butter or add oil for frying.
5. Scoop batter onto warm skillet. Cook for about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook until done.
6. Repeat process with the remaining batter.
~ Serve with Haskap Berry Sauce, maple syrup or any other berry sauce of choice. Enjoy!